Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sock Pal Sock gets a little sun!



Here she is, in all her glory. The beginnings of my SockaPal-2-za socks. I'm using the Shelridge Farms merino. Soft like butta I tell ya. Loving it. This is also the first time I've done a sock on a single long circular, and I learned a new cast on for the project. It is a sock of many beginnings!

I'm using the Lacy Scallops pattern at Sock Bug. Love them, so pretty. I didn't do the picot top though. Opted for a nice simple garter stitch band. I love them and the colours in the yarn are really nice too. In some light I think it looks like pine trees, in other light it looks like the ocean. A very west coast of BC sock. :)

I also came across this site last night, Northern Sunshine Designs. Another Canadian vendor, this time right here in BC. Really nice sock patterns and a portion of all her sales goes to the BC Cancer Foundation. Oh, and there's a sale right now! I love a sale. Anyway, no affiliation, just a very pleased customer.

So, I'm off to knit for a spell. We are about to have our first little heat wave of the year and I'm going to find a nice shady spot and settle in.

3 comments:

alison said...

Oooh, pretty! I'm working feather and fan right now and am totally digging the wavy scallop design. Great colors too!

Anonymous said...

that is a pretty sock!
cara
earth mother

noricum said...

Lovely sock!