Good morning all. Life is loud around here with the small spastic dog that Jane found barking at most anything that moves. The dogs, Jane and Stella, are terrified of her, the cats, Mo Cuirdh and Beentsy, hate her. So, the wee scabby dog is ruling the roost for the time being. Apparently size really doesn't matter. The whole house in is an uproar. Next time I see Jane wooing a dog down the driveway to the gate I'm going to look away, not head on out and bring it into the house. Okay, that's total BS. Of course I would go out and bring the damn thing into the house. Every animal in the free world knows I'm a soft touch.
I've been doing some reading lately and looking at my list of books to be read that I made up in January and I've found that there are a tonne of other books that I want to get reading in addition to the original list. So, here it is, your updated spring reading list:
1. I Lucifer, the Other Side of the Story - Duncan - on order from local book store
2. Selfish Gene - Dawkins - has now moved to the coffee table!
3. Fionavar Tapestry - Kay - saving this for a weeks holiday in June when hubby and I go to Ottawa. I CAN'T WAIT! Sorry, we've never been on a vacation before. :)
4. Without Conscience - Hare - in the bookcase
5. Haunted - Palahniuk - on the coffee table
6. Fight Club - Palahniuk - on the coffee table
7. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Pirsig - on the coffee table
8. Saturday - McEwan - on the coffee table
9. Arther & George - Barnes - on the coffee table
10. When We Were Orphans - Ishiguro - on the coffee table
11. Accidental - Smith - waiting at the library to be picked up
12. Acid House - Walters - on the coffee table
3. One for the Road - Horwitz - can't find a copy of the bloody thing locally
1. Things as they Are? - Vanderhaeghe - One of the best writers I've ever read. His stories are amazing and all encompassing. You lose time when you read them. The first book of his that I read was "Man Descending". Excellent.
Girl With a Pearl Earring - Chevalier - enh, it was okay. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I felt vaguely disatisfied when I was finished, like something was missing or had been left out. I don't know, maybe it was just me.
Okay, I'm off now. I have homework to do, mice and birds to clean, baby knitting to be completed, Sockapaloooza socks to be worked on, etc, etc, etc.
Feels like a busy little Sunday to me.