Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Are you ready to rumble???????????

Sorry, I've always loved that! Makes me wanna go to a truck and tractor pull or a wrestling match.

The contest rules are the same as last time:

1. My blog, my contest, my rules. Why yes, it is like a dictatorship and that's okay!

2. Make an item for Dulaan, send me a pici or a link to a pici of item and bingo, one entry into the contest. Each item counts as one entry. Make 50 items, get 50 entries.

3. You can knit, crochet, weave, sew, macrame, whatever. Just make it warm and well for someone in Mongolia.

4. Ship your finished items to FIRE in time for their July 1st cutoff to be sent to Mongolia for the coming winter.

5. Email me your entries at beentsy AT yahoo DOT ca I'll post that email in the sidebar when I get a free nano second.

6. Feel good that you did a good thing and helped someone that you've never even met. Nice eh?

Now, this little contest is going to run from tomorrow, March 1, 2006 to Sunday, April 15, 2007. At that time I will use the incredibly advanced selection process perfected last time we did this and select winners. How cool is that?

Here are the prizes you will be knitting for this spring.

First Prize: 2 50 gram balls of Lana Gatto VIP - this gorgeous! 80% wool and 20% cashmere, 200 metres per skein. Maybe a Flower Basket shawl (scroll down)? Just a thought.


Second Prize - 2 skeins Regia Cotton Color - 100 gms each 41% superwash wool/34% cotton/25% polyamide. 'Cause spring IS coming and you will need cotton socks!

Third Prize - 7 little stitch markers assembled/made by moi. 2 purple, 1 cloissone (sp?), 4 in a black/teal/purple colour. Kinda cute if I do say so myself. Fits up to a 5.5 mm needle comfortably.

Fourth Prize - is a book. That's packed due to renovations. I don't want to list the title just in case the packing of the book has hurt the book in some way. When it has been unpacked I will reveal all! Suffice it to say, it's a knitting book. Duh, right?

ETA: The book is Shawls and Scarves by Knitters. Some very yummy projects in here!

Okay, I have to go. Hubby says I have to stop playing with my friends and come eat dinner. I'll finish this later.

Now get creating! :)

4 comments:

Brandy said...

Those are some gorgeous stitch markers that you made. Gonna have to read more about this contest thingie. Nice blog!

Cece said...

xSign me up! I promised to do 5 items for the year - I've only gotten one done so far.

Ann said...

Tammy, I've finished a bunch more since the last contest. I DON'T want to be included in the drawing, but if you want to drum up some excitement, you can link me and have folks click on the "Dulaan" label at 2/24 to see some of them (and there will be more, I promise).

Cece said...

OK - now I'm up to 4 items done - 3 while your contest was running. 2 fleece blankets, and one hat!

hat: http://fiberfish.blogspot.com/2007/03/short-on-words-but-i-have-pictures.html

blankies: http://fiberfish.blogspot.com/2007/03/breathe.html