Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I was feeling a little blue...

then I read this:



I don't feel blue anymore. I'm just really happy to be who I am and living where I live and when I live. Wow. I first heard about this book from Bookslut. Thought I would give it a try. Picked it up on Sunday and started it on the bus home . I finished it last night after work and then had an awful time trying to go to sleep. There is some amazing/brutal/stark/desperate imagery in this book. There is this fine cord of love and humanity in it though that is really very beautiful.

NOT a light read. I think I'll go read a Terry Pratchett to get the taste of this one out of my brain.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I read it in the car going to Vegas - it's haunting. Some of the images still linger with me, but I would definitely recommend it.

Debbie said...

Isn't this the best book you've read in a long, long time? It won the Pulitzer for fiction. I think everyone should read this book.